Preventive Maintenance (PM) Custom Fields
A preventive maintenance (PM) object is a preventive job to be performed regularly by schedules. A feature has been added in Calem Release R9.0h to copy custom fields of PMs to work orders when the PMs are turned into work orders. There are sample use cases for this feature:
- A monthly PM requires a particular certificate and the information needs to show at work orders when the PM is turned into work orders. A custom field is added in PM for the certificate requirement and the requirement is copied to work orders by Calem when the PM is turned into work orders.
An administrator can perform the following steps to add custom fields for this feature:
- Identify custom fields required.
- Use Calem Data Designer (at Admin module) to add custom fields to PM (cm_pm table).
- Use Calem Form Designer (at Admin module) to customize PM forms and place the custom fields on the PM forms for management.
- Use Calem Data Designer to add the same PM custom fields (use the same names and labels) to work orders (cm_wo table).
- Use Calem Form Designer to customize WO forms and place the custom fields on the WO forms for management.
- Edit PMs to set the custom field values for PMs based on business requirements.
- Calem will copy the custom field values of the same names from PMs to work orders when PMs are turned into work orders.