Dev processes help administrators do development and troubleshooting. They are available in the coming release of R20c in June 2020.
- Menu path: Admin | Open | Dev Processes
- Other server processes: Admin | Open | Server Processes
1. Export Database
Database export is a scheduled task performed daily in Calem Cloud Service. It allows admin to back up database on-demand. For instance, a customer may run a sandbox of Calem and may need to sync production to the sandbox to run training or tests. This task could be used to back up the sandbox database before overwriting it with the latest snapshot of production server.
2. Enable Debug LoggingCalem server logging can be enabled in debug mode for troubleshooting. For instance, debug logging can be enabled when developing custom triggers. It also allows one to print out every SQL query performed in Calem.
4. Download Calem Log
This menu downloads the current Calem log file (calem.log) to your local computer. You may review, or share with Calem for troubleshooting. For instance, you may enable debug mode logging, do test run, and download the Calem log for inspection.
5. Build Language Pack
This option should only be used by administrators who have developed own language packs. For instance, a new language file has been deployed to your Calem service. Use this command to rebuild language packs. Log out from Calem and log back in to verify language changes.
6. Sync Production to SandboxThis option is only available from the Sandbox instance of your Calem Cloud service. A backup of the production database is imported into the sandbox.
- A backup for today will be used if found. Otherwise, the backup of a previous day will be used.
- Production customization is copied over to sandbox including
- Group/view customization
- Data customization
- Client configuration