Videos can be embedded in PM steps in R20 release available in February 2020. Here are the steps to do it.
Step 1. Create Docs for Videos
Create a doc for each video to be embedded in PM steps.
- Menu path: Doc | Doc List | Create a Doc
- Create a doc as URL and populate the URL to your Youtube video reference. Note that you should use "embed/video-ref" format of the Youtube link.
Step 2. Add the Video Docs to PM Plan.
In PM Plans add the docs created above.
- Menu path: PM | PM Plans
- Go to a PM Plan's Doc tab, add video docs to the PM Plan.
Step 3. Reference Videos in PM Steps
Use "#N" in PM Steps to reference PM docs. For instance, "#10" references the doc of sequence 10, where "#" is the tag to indicate a doc reference. The number "10" is the "Seq" of the PM Plan doc that's referenced.
- The referenced doc will be shown as a URL link in record read form.
- One can click the link to launch the video referenced in a separate tab of browser, or an embedded form in Calem Mobile. You can do the same from work order screens when the PM Plan is generated as a work order.
- This is the mobile read screen of the PM Plan. Clicking the link to view the video referenced by the doc (see screenshot below).